A versatile detection system and high spatial resolution allows the observation of even the finest surface details. This is an essential feature for comprehensive characterisation of nanomaterials, for observation of beam-sensitive samples common in the semiconductor industry and for comfortable imaging of non-conductive samples including uncoated biological specimens.
Triglav™ – newly designed UHR electron column
- TriLens™ objective system: unique combinationof three-lens objective and crossover-free beam path
- Advanced detection system with multiple SE and BSE detectors
- TriSE™ and TriBE™
- Triglav™ – Ultimate ultra-high resolution at low beam energy: 1 nm at 1 keV and 0.7 nm at 15 keV
- EquiPower™ thermal power dissipation system for excellent electron column stability
- Electron beam currents up to 400 nA and rapid beam energy changes
- Optimised column geometry for accommodating large wafers up to 8”
- Real-time In-Flight Beam Tracing™ for performance and beam optimization
- Extended low-vacuum mode with chamber pressures up to 500 Pa for imaging non-conducting specimens
- Triple BSE detection TriBE™ for angle-selective signal collection. The Mid-Angle BSE and In-Beam LE-BSE detectors are located inside the column and detect medium-angle and axial backscattered electrons, while the In-Chamber BSE Detector detects wide-angle electrons. Together, they deliver a variety of imaging contrasts and enable low-energy detection down to 200 eV.
- Triple SE detection TriSE™ to capture SE signal optimally in all working modes. The In-Beam SE detector inside the column enables detection of electrons at very short working distances. SE detector for beam deceleration mode gives ultimate resolution in BDM. The In-Chamber SE detector delivers superb topographic contrast.
- Beam Deceleration Technology (BDT) for excellent resolution at very low beam energies down to 50 eV (optional)