The TESCAN S8000G is the first member of a new family of TESCAN microscope – The S8000 series. The TESCAN S8000G is a FIB-SEM system which has all that it takes to meet the demands of today’s research in both industry and academia; it delivers outstanding image quality with superb contrast ideal for nanocharacterisation and the capability to perform complex nanoengineering tasks with extreme precision and incomparable ease.
It is equipped with the new BrightBeam™ SEM column which achieves truly uncompromised field-free ultra-high resolution (UHR) for maximum versatility in analysis including the analysis of magnetic samples and live SEM monitoring during FIB operations. The new column is equipped with an electron optics design that improves resolution especially at low beam energies ideal for imaging beam-sensitive and nonconductive samples. On the other hand, the synergy of the novel Orage™ Ga FIB column fitted with state-of-the-art ion optics and the newly designed OptiGIS™ gas injection system makes TESCAN S8000G a world-class instrument for sample preparation and nanopatterning.
Modular and workflow-oriented software assures maximum control in all your applications, and, no trade-offs between complex technology and user-friendliness. The TESCAN S8000G is ideal for high-end FIB-SEM applications and, the analytical platform of choice for all those who pursue better understanding and breakthroughs in science and technology on daily basis.
New BrightBeam™SEM column technology for uncompromised UHR
- New BrightBeam™ SEM column with proprietary 70° combined electrostatic-magnetic objective lens for maximum universality.
- Field-free ultra-high resolution imaging for maximum versatility in imaging and analysis including the analysis of magnetic samples and live SEM imaging during FIB operations.
- New detection system including In-Beam Axial detector and Multidetector for angle-selective and energy-selective signal collection gives complete control on surface sensitivity and the option to explore with different contrast for sharpening your senses and deepening your insight.
- New generation of electronics with up to 8 live signal channels simultaneously.
- New Field Emission Schottky electron gun now enabling beam currents up to 400 nA and rapid beam energy changes.
- EquiPower™ lens technology for efficient thermal power dissipation and excellent electron column stability.
- Beam Deceleration Technology (BDT) for further improved resolution at low and ultra-low electron beam energies with simultaneous detection of SE and BSE signals. (optional)
Novel Orage™ Ga FIB column for the most challenging nanoengineering tasks
- Novel Orage™ Ga FIB column for ultra-high resolution ion beam and excellent performance throughout the entire range of ion beam currents and full energy range down to 500 eV. Resolution< 2.5 nm at 30 keV.
- World-class quality in sample preparation with excellent performance at low energies for preparing damage-free ultra-thin TEM specimens.
- High FIB currents up to 100 nA and SmartMill strategy for fast large-volume milling and slash by half the time for completing your cross-sectioning and lamella lift-out processes.
- Fast FIB nanotomography for unique ultra-structural information of your samples.
- New single gas injection system OptiGIS with fast run up time and excellent stability of the deposition/etching rate. Up to 6 OptiGIS units is possible in one instrument.
- Combination of field-free SEM imaging and high FIB currents allow fast and uninterrupted milling/imaging sequences and advanced recipes for TEM/atom probe sample preparation or FIB-SEM tomography.